Monday, January 11, 2010

I AM

Where the clouds kiss the sea and the line between the two blur, in that space of time, all that I know, all that I long for fades away.  Only one desire is clear, only one yearning rises to the surface...my heart longs for You.  In that secret place, in that quiet place, all that I am fades away.  All that is left is a longing to be set at one with You.  To anticipate, to experience, to draw from Your very breath.

Who are You that men would so yearn for You?  Who are You that men would die for You?  Who are You that You would cause one to fully abandon everything else and so completely say yes to You?

I AM.

Lord of All, Maker of Heaven and Earth.  Creator.  Potter.  Repairer of the Breech.  Fixer of All things broken.  The Divine.  The Reality.  I AM.

Before time was I AM.  When time ends, I AM.

If You are, then who am I?  In what way am I most aquainted with You?  In what way do I know the least about You?  What area of my life do I desire to upgrade?  What area do I desire most for You to reveal Yourself to me?

Oh to gaze upon Your Face, to behold Your Beauty.  What I've longed for more than anything is True Friendship and a Dad who Loves me, who tells me He loves me and knows how to show love to me. 

Are You the One?  Are You the One I've longed for all of my life?  Can I run to You? Can I trust with all of me?  Can I trust You with my secrets, my fears, my dreams? Can I trust You with my future, my hopes, my desires?  Can I trust You to be there when I am lonely?  Can I really trust You? Oh, how I long to trust You.

How do I begin to fathom Your nature and all that You are?  "Look upon me and you will see.  What do you see?" 

I see that You are good. 
You are love. 
You are righteousness. 
You are BIG. 
You are PEACE. 
You are JOY. 
You are PATIENT. 
You are LONGSUFFERING. 
GENTLE. 
FAITHFUL. 
HUMBLE.
ROYAL. 
AN ALL CONSUMING FIRE. 
COMPASSIONATE. 
MERCIFUL. 
BEAUTIFUL. 
KIND. 
GIVING/GENEROUS. 
WARRIOR. 
ALL KNOWING. 
ALL SEEING. 
POWERFUL. 
HOLY. 
PURE. 
TRUE LIGHT. 
LIFE. 
A NURTURER. 
A PROVIDER. 
You are PERFECT. 
You are the FULNESS OF LIFE. 
One God - yet three distinct persons.

Yes, Daughter.  I AM.  Now, look into my eyes.  Who are you?  "Who am I?"  Yes, in Me, who are you?

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
I am a kingdom carrier.
I am chosen by God to see His goodness in the land of the living.
I am the head and not the tail.
I am alive in Christ.
I am Christ's ambassador.
I am an alien to this world.
I am an overcomer.
I am a King's Kid.
I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ.
I am seated in heavenly places.
I am a royal priesthood.
I am a holy nation.
I am a city set apart on a hill.
I am Abba's love child.
I am a daughter of Abba, the Most High God.
I am God's chosen.
I am Abba's favorite one.
I am the apple of Abba's eye.
I am Abba's delight.
I am the first and not the last.
I am equipped for every good work.
I am the Bride of Christ.
I am Papa God's happy thought.
I am quieted with His love.
I am empowered by Holy Spirit.
I am called to subdue the earth and rule over it.

Indeed you are, my child.  Indeed you are.

©2009 Felicia Murrell

No comments:

Post a Comment